Hey, I thought of a way to identify AG dolls. You see, us Barbie collectors identify the early Barbie dolls, which we call Ponytails because of their hairstyle, by numbers. The very first Barbie doll is the #1 Ponytail, and can so be identified by having white irises, holes in feet, a solid body, etc. Likewise #2 through #7 Ponytails all have idiosyncracies that identify the different versions from one other. I thought, a similar system could be applied to AG doll collecting. Surely there's features that identify a #1 Samantha(i.e., Made in Germany, white-bodied, 1986) from other later versions. I thought it would be kinda fun for those hard-core AG collectors out there to number the different versions of dolls. If it was accepted among hard-core AG collectors, it could do wonders. No more lengthy descriptions of that PM Addy you have for sale...you could simply say she's a #3 Addy or whatever.
Anyone wanna give it a whirl?